The Protection of Personal Information Act, No. 4 of 2013 (“the Act”), aims to give effect to the constitutional right to privacy by safeguarding personal information and regulating the way personal information is processed. The SA Bullion Group regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as critical to the achievement of our objectives and the success of our business. SA Bullion is legally obliged to protect any personal information we hold for our clients, our suppliers and our employees.
This notice explains how we will obtain, use and disclose your personal information, as is required by the Act.
This notice sets out:
- Who we are
- What information we collect
- How we use your information
- To whom we disclose your information
- How we safeguard your information
- Your rights to access and correction of information
- Changes to this notice
- How to contact us
2. Who we are
The SA Bullion Group of Companies is comprised of various operating companies and authorised Financial Services Providers, inter alia:
- SA Bullion Management, a category 2 licensed Financial Service Provider;
- SA Bullion Investor Services, an Administrative Financial Service Provider,
- SA Bullion International, an international subsidiary of SA Bullion and registered company in Mauritius;
In this notice, “SA Bullion”, “SA Bullion Group” or “we” refers to one or more of the companies in the SA Bullion Group.
3. The information we collect
We collect and process your personal information mainly to provide you with access to our services and products.
The type of information we collect depends on the purpose for which it is collected – we will only collect information that we need for that purpose. We collect information directly from you when you provide us with your personal details, for example when you purchase a product or service from us, members of a product we administer, or when you submit enquiries to us or otherwise contact us.
4. How we use your information
We will use your personal information only for the purpose of rendering services to you and for the purpose for which it was collected or agreed with you, for example:
- to effectively process your transactions;
- to communicate to you in respect of the product purchase or service applied for;
- to detect and prevent fraud;
- to comply with auditing and record-keeping requirements;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- to verify your identity;
- to share information with service providers with whom SA Bullion has a business agreement to process such information on SA Bullion’s behalf or to those who render services to SA Bullion.
5. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any company in the SA Bullion Group and to service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that all service providers comply with these privacy terms.
We may also disclose your information where we have a legal obligation or duty to disclose your information or where it is necessary to protect our legal rights.
6. How we safeguard your information
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information is secure. Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;.
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of personal information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure the security of personal information that we remain responsible for.
7. Your rights to access and correction of information
Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
Contact the SA Bullion Client Service Centre on (+27) 21 447 3240, alternatively email email@example.com to review your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information. Please note that any such access request may be subject to the payment of a legally allowable fee.
Correction of your information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. You may do this by contacting the SA Bullion Client Service Centre on (+27) 21 447 3240, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org to review your personal information and requesting the correction of any information we hold. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you.
8. Changes to this notice
We may amend this notice from time to time. Please check this website periodically to
9. How to contact us
If you have questions about this notice, believe we have not adhered to it, need further information about our privacy practices, wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact our Client Service Centre on (+27) 21 447 3240, alternatively email email@example.com.